Minister Ring announced the two hundred and twenty four rural communities that are to receive funding under Town and Village Renewal Scheme 2018 last week. Of the twenty one million Euro in funding available nationwide Leitrim will receive almost three quarters of a million Euro, €737,520.
Nine towns and villages in Leitrim will receive funding for various projects under the Town and Village Renewal Scheme. The funding allocations, and the projects chosen, were as follows:
– Ballinamore, To renovate and extend existing building and develop a creative multi purpose space: €100,000
– Carrick-on-Shannon, Car park for The Hive: €100,000
– Carrigallen, Village enhancements: €100,000
– Drumkeerin, Completion of Enterprise Hub: €43,400
– Glenfarne, To enhance Ballroom of Romance: €88,000
– Kinlough, for extension to Community Centre:€89,600
– Leitrim Village, Village enhancements: €28,520
– Manorhamilton, For town centre car park: €96,000
– Tullaghan, Village enhancements: €92,000
Congratulations to the groups and communities working with and for Ballinamore, The Hive, Carrigallen, Drumkeeran, Rainbow Ballroom of Romance Glenfarne, Kinlough, Leitrim Village, Manorhamilton and Tullaghan Coastal Cross.
Does your town, village or community have a project in mind that may benefit from future funding? If so you might want to read Leitrim PPN’s advice on being funding ready that is available HERE. Don’t wait for funding to become available before you start planning, have a plan with local backing in place to tsand a better chance of obtaining funding in larger grant rounds.
The full list of funding allocations for the twenty one million euro distributed under the Town and Village Renewal Scheme 2018 has been published by the Department of Rural and Community Development and can be viewed or downloaded HERE.