Launch of The Next Chapter
Launch: The Next Chapter is a network for women of all ages and backgrounds across Northern Ireland and the border counties of the Republic of Ireland to develop their ideas, build communities and support the transition out of conflict. The project aims to improve the representation of women in community, public and political life, contributing to a more gender-sensitive society.
Over the next 24 months, the project will achieve these aims through;
- Developing 10 Chapters (Networks) across the region with up to 400 women helping mobilise social change in their areas through a range of initiatives including community projects
- Delivering a Capacity Development training programme for 200 participants
- Coordinating 10 cross-border peace and reconciliation networking events
- Hosting two Ambassadors’ Forum events and a Stormont Symposium to showcase the programme and facilitate learning and development on a cross-community and cross-border basis
- Creating a Young Female Leaders Advisory Panel
- Empowering 150 women to contribute to legislative reform and policy consultation exercises.
www.thenextchapter.eu – The website will be the ‘go-to’ hub for the programme, keeping you up to date with news articles and opportunities for getting involved. You can also check Facebook at www.facebook.com/thenextchaptereu.
The Next Chapter will host an Information Session in Leitrim in early June; please check the website for date and location. Alternatively you can register your interest at www.thenextchapter.eu or contact Sarah Malone, Project Coordinator at Sarah@irishrurallink.ie
The project is delivered in partnership by Politics Plus, Irish Rural Link and Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action (NICVA), and is supported by the European Union’s PEACE IV Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB).