Have Your Say on Climate Change
To be eligible to take part in the Youth Parliament on Climate you need:
1. Your parents’/guardian’s consent to apply.
2. To be between the ages of 10 and 17 on 15th November 2019 and legally resident of the Republic of Ireland.
3. To be available to attend the Youth Parliament on Climate in Dublin on Friday 15 November 2019.
Applications are not open to family members of RTÉ staff.
Full Terms & Conditions are in the Application and available at www.rte.ie/youthparliament
The ‘APPLY’ link on this page will take you to the application website.
Remember, the application can only be completed with your parents’/guardians’ consent.
As part of the application, you will be asked for:
– Details about yourself
– Contact details for your parents/guardians
– Information about climate or environmental projects you may have been involved with.
– A one-minute video pitch:
You are asked to submit one-minute video telling RTE about your interest in climate issues and why you would like to take part in the Youth Parliament on Climate.
You can either record the video on a phone and upload it or record it directly onto the application site (if you have a camera on your computer). Just make sure that it is a simple head and shoulders shot of you and that the sound is clear. There is an opportunity to re-record if you’re not happy with it!
– A written pitch:
You will be asked to write a short pitch (max 250 words) explaining what aspect of climate breakdown is most important to you and why.
The Closing date for applications is Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 12:00 PM
For more details check out the RTÉ website – CLICK HERE.
The Youth Parliament is the first in a number of initiatives to be announced as part of RTÉ on Climate which will see a focus on the Climate Crisis across TV, Radio and Online.
Leave a Reply