RAPID National Programme 2017
€2 million national funding has been announced by Michael Ring TD for the RAPID National Programme.
Every Local Authority has been allocated €64,500 to fund capital projects that will improve the quality of life for residents in disadvantaged areas and tackles social exclusion in urban areas or provincial towns only.
Applications are now invited for funding under this scheme;
- The Programme includes capital funding for projects under the strategic themes of
- Living and Well Being (C1);
- Inclusion (C4)
as stated in Leitrim’s Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP).
- A minimum of € 7000 and a maximum of €15,000 will be approved for each project.
- Projects aimed at improving the quality of life for residents in disadvantaged urban areas. Urban Areas are defined as Carrick on Shannon, Manorhamilton, Ballinamore, Kinlough, Drumshanbo, Mohill and Dromahair.
- The programme operates alongside other schemes and programmes e.g Community Facilities Scheme, SICAP & Clár already in place in communities.
- Examples of projects include CCTV, Community Gardens, Public Realm improvements, Streetscaping, Youth facilities and play/recreation spaces, energy efficiency type projects and projects in support of Creative Ireland
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban areas
- Not for Profit Organisations
- Government Departments, State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding)
Closing date for applications is 22nd November 2017
Further details here: RAPID application guidelines 2017
Application form here: RAPID Leitrim Co Co application form 2017
or by post from:
LCDC, Community Development, Leitrim Co Co, Áras an Chontae, Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim
(: (071) 9650400 Ext. 540 / 552 *: email@example.com