News & Updates
Since Last time…
- Over 30 PPN Members attended GDPR Training with Cyberia Ireland;
- PPN Reps attended Leitrim Local Community Development Committee and Joint Policing Committee Meetings;
- Sligo IT has been contacted with a view to exploring research options for a solution to waste water treatment for housing in Leitrim and the wider North West;
- Leitrim Comhairle na nÓg launched Use Your Brain Not Your Fists – a national campaign for youth safety.
- Outreach work meeting member groups started.
North West Regional Drug & Alcohol Task Force
The next meeting of the NW Regional Drug & Alcohol Task Force takes place in Carrick on Shannon on May 24th. Leitrim PPN has 2 representatives on the Task Force and if you have any questions about supports to the community in general or for individuals – treatment and prevention – please get in touch. If your query is sensitive you can be put in touch with the reps directly.
Notices are sent out asking for questions before the reps attend.. After initial meetings with some of the groups, questions are already coming in for future meetings on housing, estates and policing. If you have any questions about representation please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Love Where You Live – Leitrim 2018
Well done to all the entrants to the Love Where You Live – Leitrim Awards 2018. Competition has increased in all the categories with 100 entries from all over the county. Entrants will be contacted soon about a time for judging. Looking forward to meeting you all.
SAVING LIVES IN LEITRIM
A joint initiative of Leitrim PPN and Leitrim Volunteering Information Service is looking to map the locations of all public defibrillators in County Leitrim. We will be contacting all groups in the next week or so to outline the project and look for your help. Keep a lookout for the communications.
Resource Worker Outreach
Leitrim PPN Resource Worker, Tracy Ferguson, will be out and about in the community over the coming weeks hoping to meet all the groups registered with Leitrim PPN. The purpose of this is to help make the purpose and use of the PPN clear and to find out what matters to your group.
Tracy will be available at
- Rossinver Community Centre on Thursday 17th and Thursday 31st May and
- Ballinamore Tourism Offices on Thursday 10th and Thursday 24th May (AM).
If your group wants to arrange a time to meet before the dates are confirmed just contact Tracy by mobile at 087 183 1253 or by email: email@example.com
Leave a Reply