Leitrim Public Participation Network (PPN) is an independent network of community-based organisations in County Leitrim with almost 300 organisations registered as members. The PPN is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Leitrim County Council and hosted by Leitrim Development Company. The PPN will be the main link through which the local authority connects with the community, social inclusion and environmental sectors without prejudice to other consultation processes.
Its role is to strengthen the voice of Leitrim communities, facilitate their participation in decision-making, and act as an information hub for Leitrim community groups, whether social inclusion, environmental, community or voluntary.
To do this, Leitrim PPN has started an exciting new programme for 2022. This includes:
- Employment of a new Resource Worker and Support Worker.
- Service level agreement with Leitrim Development Company and Leitrim County Council on hosting Leitrim PPN.
- Election of members on the PPN Secretariat (management committee)
- Election of PPN representatives on many Council, statutory and other committees.
- Agreement on activities that include publicity, training, support of PPN representatives, networking, information sessions, funding opportunities and collaboration with all sectors of the Leitrim community.
- A survey will be sent out to all registered groups with the PPN to identify your training needs for community, voluntary, charity, clubs and societies.
“We are delighted to welcome our new and dynamic Resource Worker, Mary Mc Keon, to Leitrim PPN,” said Aedín McLoughlin, Chairperson of the PPN secretariat. “Mary has many year’s experience working in the community and voluntary section; her background is in business, marketing & communications, managing volunteers and fundraising. It is indeed fitting that Mary’s introduction to her new post coincides with the widespread feeling of new beginnings after the pandemic. We are looking forward to working with her and through collaboration with all sectors to achieving the ambitious programme we have set ourselves for 2022.”
The first priority of Leitrim PPN this year is to attract more members and to renew contacts with existing members. Membership is open to community-based groups, organisations, associations, clubs, societies and charities. Would your organisation like to register? If so, go to our website www.leitrimppn.ie and click “Join Leitrim PPN”. Membership is free. Your organisation must be active in County Leitrim, be non-party political and non-sectarian and be a minimum of six months in existence.
When registering your organisation online please fill in all the details about your organisation along with two contacts for that group.
Leitrim PPN is the way forward for the community sector in Leitrim. Through the PPN, organisations and representatives can have their say, network with other groups, influence local policies and plans and get information on funding and training opportunities.
The new Resource Worker, Mary McKeon, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have your say – join today!