Leitrim Public Participation Network (PPN) Job Vacancy
Part Time Support Worker
Leitrim Integrated Development Company CLG invites applications for the position of Leitrim PPN Part Time Support Worker
Job Summary: The purpose of this role is to support the PPN Secretariat and Resource Worker to continue to develop the PPN in Leitrim as an effective structure to promote public engagement and participation. Co. Leitrim PPN is looking for someone with community development experience and excellent administration skills. Knowledge of Salesforce, updating websites and compiling e bulletins is desirable.
Responsible to: Leitrim PPN Resource Worker
Location: Leitrim Development Company,Church St, Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim
Position: Part Time – 4 days/28 hrs per week – Time in Lieu System in Operation
Duration: June – Dec 2022 (renewed annually subject to funding)
Qualifications and Experience
The Support Worker will be a strongly motivated person, with a strong sense of commitment to the ideas and values inherent in the work of PPN. This role requires some evening work.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of computer skills (Microsoft Office) with a strong aptitude for web-based communications technologies (updating website) and experience of using social media
• Experience of using databases and spreadsheets, organising events and reporting and compiling a monthly newsletter (e bulletin)
• Good organisational skills including the ability to multitask and prioritise workload
• Confident to work on own initiative as well as part of a team. A flexible approach
• Full clean driver’s licence and access to own car
• A demonstrable interest in one or more of the following: volunteering and working with community or voluntary groups, community development, managing relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
• Ability to work on evenings and/or weekends as necessary (time off in lieu provided)
• Garda vetting will apply
The following are highly desirable but not essential:
• Relevant 3rd level qualification or substantial work/voluntary experience in a relevant area
In order to apply please submit Cover letter and CV outlining your intertest in and suitability for this role by email stating “PPN Support Worker Position” in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Friday, 3rd June 2022. Shortlisting will apply. Interviews will take place on the week beginning 13th June 2022.