Leitrim’s first Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP) is about joining up approaches to Economic and Community development at local County level. It’s based on evidence-based assessment of Leitrim’s economic and
community needs and aspirations and sets out a range of actions that address those needs and fulfil those aspirations.
Applying for Grants – You should consider and refer to the LECP when applying for grants. It will strengthen your application if your aims are in step with the goals and actions of the plan.
Click on the image below to download the full plan.
Summary of Goals
- Leitrim, a County that’s recognised, admired and sustainable
- A sustainable, clean and attractive County which values and harnesses its heritage, environment and people
- A County of well-trained, well-educated and well-skilled people who are ready and fit for work and social involvement
- A County with a strong, mixed and sustainable economy based on its strengths,entrepreneurial spirit and well-trained, well-educated and well-skilled people who are ready and fit for work and social involvement
- A County that’s welcoming and comfortable as a place to live in, to work in and to visit
- Leitrim, a County with a strong, mixed and sustainable economy based on its strengths, entrepreneurial spirit and well-trained, well-educated and well-skilled people who are ready and fit for work and social involvement
- A County maximizing opportunities to promote economic development and build on its indigenous spirit of entrepreneurship
- A County that’s an attractive, innovative location for growth in and investment from different sectors
- A County where the travel, transport, utilities, communications and ICT infrastructure meet current and future needs
- A County of vibrant town and village centers which are attractive to visit and
- An exemplar County for addressing and responding to climate change
- A vibrant rural economy driven by value-added agriculture and food
- A County building on the positivity of existing companies to sell itself as a prime business location
- A County with a vibrant creative sector driven by practitioners, activities and opportunities of the highest calibre
- A County renowned as an authentic, friendly tourist destination.
- A County with a vibrant women-in-business sector which encourages more women to consider business as a career option
Leave a Reply