The GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards offers €60,000 in funding to up to 10 community-based healthcare charities.
GSK has unveiled the annual ‘GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards’ which recognise and reward community-based charities who contribute to the improvement of people’s health and wellbeing in Ireland.
This will be the fourth year of the ‘GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards’ and they are an expansion of the global healthcare company’s IMPACT awards programme which has been running in the UK and USA for 20 years.
The awards are open to registered charities that are working in a health-related field in Ireland and are at least three years old. Applicants are evaluated using six criteria from which the name ‘IMPACT’ is derived: Innovation, Management, Partnership, Achievement, Community focus and Targeting needs.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
A unique feature of the ‘GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards’ is that they recognise excellence in existing work and do not seek to fund new projects. Judging is based on the work of the whole organisation.
The name ‘IMPACT’ derives from the criteria that winners must demonstrate in their application submissions:
- Innovation: Leadership, creativity and initiative in addressing current challenges in healthcare access and delivery.
- Management: Efficient use of resources; quality of management processes; equality of opportunity; clear objectives and plans; strength and financial effectiveness of the organisation.
- Partnership: Working effectively with others (members, users, private and public sector partners, etc.); willingness to share ‘best practice’ and to learn from others.
- Achievement: Measurable results achieved; numbers of people benefited; impact on access to healthcare; a reflective approach to evaluation of the work; measurement and monitoring of performance.
- Community focus: Involving and responding to users and the community; openness and provision of information; adaptability to changing circumstances and needs.
- Targeting needs: Awareness of community issues and priorities and having a detailed understanding of the target community; ensuring services are accessible to, and focus on, people in need.
Up to five winning charities will receive €10,000 each in unrestricted funding, while five runner-up charities receive €2,000 each. In addition to the prize money, winning charities also receive a specially commissioned video and photography package to help them promote their work.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Organisations interested in applying for the ‘GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards’ must:
- Be registered and located in the Republic of Ireland and be in existence for at least three years
- Have a total annual income of between €20,000 and €1 million
- Target community health needs in Ireland, with community defined as a geographical community or a community of interest
- Be able to point to a track record of achievement in community health issues
The deadline for applications is 5pm Tuesday, 19th June 2018 and interested organisations can apply here: http://ie.gsk.com/ie/about-us/partnerships/gsk-ireland-impact-awards/
For more information, please visit ie.gsk.com