Are you ready for GDPR?
The introduction of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25th May 2018 will mean a host of changes for all organisations, regardless of size or sector, that handle the data of EU residents. If you run a club or a sporting organisation and have a list of members or volunteers then – THAT MEANS YOU!
Leitrim PPN is delighted to host 2 local workshops for our member groups supported by Cyberia Ireland.
Cyberia, based in Enniskillen, combine over 20 years experience in IT, with a foundation in social sciences, giving the ideal mix of focus on the technical and human sides of cyber security and technology usage.
- What is the GDPR and how is it different?
- Your obligations
- Guiding Principles of Data Protection
- Individuals’ rights under the law
- Getting GDPR ready
- The documents, policies and procedures that must be in place.
- The key information security measures you should implement
- Sanctions and fines for non-compliance and data breaches
Spaces for the workshops are limited so please contact Tracy at Leitrim PPN to book your place. You can contact her at 071 96 20005 ext 544, mob: 087 183 1253 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tues. April 17th: Ballinamore Enterprise Centre, 7-9 pm
Thurs. April 19th, The Bee Park Centre, Manohamilton, 7-9 pm.
If you want to find out more about GDPR and what it means for you and your group, check out GDPR and YOU.ie