ORIS 2020 – Funding for Outdoor Recreational Infrastructure
The Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme provides funding for the development of new outdoor recreational infrastructure. It also provides support for the necessary maintenance, enhancement or promotion of existing outdoor recreational infrastructure in rural areas across Ireland.
2020 Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme Outline
The scheme supports sporting and recreational pursuits. It helps to make use of the resources of the countryside that contribute to healthy active lifestyles. It supports the economic and tourism potential of the area for both local communities and tourist visitors alike.
It provides funding for:
- development, extensions and repair of trails, walkways, cycleways and blueways
- improved access to leisure or recreational facilities
- development of outdoor recreational infrastructure
Categories of application
Applications are accepted from local authorities and/or state agencies under the following measures:
- small-scale maintenance/promotional and marketing projects to include grant aid amounts of up to €20,000
- medium-scale repair/upgrade and new trail/amenity development grant amounts of up to €200,000
- large-scale repair/upgrade and new strategic trail development grant amounts of over €200,000 and up to €500,000
Application Forms available shortly.