- This event has passed.
Tidy Towns Networking for Nature
April 14, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pmFree
The Networking for Nature Tidy Towns Event takes place on Saturday 14th April 2018 in Sligo City Hall. The event runs from 10.30 am to 3.15pm. It is a joint venture between Sligo County Council and Waters and Communities Ireland and is open to groups from Leitrim, Cavan, Sligo and Donegal.
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE PLEASE REPLY BY FRIDAY 6TH APRIL 2018 BY CONTACTING:
Tidy Towns Groups from Leitrim, Cavan reply to:
Tel: 085 808 5495
Tidy Towns Groups from Sligo, Donegal reply to: Peter Murtagh
The Networking for Nature event programme and speakers include:
- Welcome by Tom Kilfeather, Director of Infrastructure, Environment and Fire Services.
- Communities and the Local Authority – A Natural Network, Pete Murtagh, Environmental Awareness officer Sligo County Council.
- Protecting and Enhancing Water Amenities, and introducing the Waters and Communities Award (a Tidy Towns Special Award) Karen Kennedy, Community Water Officer, Local Authority Waters & Communities Office
- Experience of Westport Tidy Towns. Winner of Ireland’s Tidiest Large Town National Award. Eithne Larkin.
- What a Tidy Towns adjudicator looks for during their visit, with an emphasis on the newer categories of wildlife and sustainable waste and resource management.
- Sharon Eastwood, BSc MSc RSA and Tidy Towns Adjudicator
There will be a light lunch with an opportunity to explore community supports for tidy towns.
Sligo County Council, LAWCO, Birdwatch Ireland – Sligo Branch, An Taisce, NPWS, Coillte, Inland Fisheries Ireland, Bord Iascaigh Mhara – FLAGS Scheme.
- Developing and connecting recreational walks and enhancing local rivers and lakes. Michael Carty, Senior Engineer Sligo County Council
- The Clean Coasts Programme, An Taisce. Robert Nelson, Clean Coasts Officer Sligo and Mayo.
- Biodiversity walk along the Garavogue River led by Michael Bell (Bring Rain Gear!!)