- This event has passed.
Spark Change Showcase Event
June 20 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
This is a regional event for communities seeking inspiration for transformative action with local and global impacts. It is also an opportunity for groups participating in the Spark Change Challenge to meet up. It will give communities the chance to share their stories about how they are making their communities more sustainable and highlight the link between work on the ground and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) framework.
During the event, we will hear about some examples of sustainable communities from:
- Barry Wilson from Belturbet Zero Waste project will discuss their chartered waste programme.
- Jackie McKenna from Family Addiction Support Network and she will explain how they are supporting the needs of families impacted by addiction in Cavan, Monaghan, Meath and Louth.
- Kieran Cullinane from Galway Energy Cooperative will discuss their recent work in Galway City supported by Spark Change.
- Jennifer Page from Grangecon National School Parents’ Association will share their ambitions and efforts to audit and reduce their waste impacts.
- Chris Uys, Community Peatlands project will discuss their community-led peatland conservation project and recent work to identify and prioritise the needs and direction of the group.
- Julia Glass from Grangecon Tidy Towns will share their village orchard project impacting biodiversity and local food in their Wicklow community
During this event participants will:
- have the opportunity to network and share their sustainability stories
- learn about how other communities are getting on in their Spark Change Challenge journey
- receive advice and support on addressing challenges and seizing opportunities
- gain a deeper understanding of how community action links to the SDGs
Tea/Coffee and sandwiches on arrival.
For more details on the event and speakers see the Wheel’s article at https://www.wheel.ie/training/2019/06/spark-change-showcase