- This event has passed.
Leitrim PPN County Plenary
March 21, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 pmFree
The County Plenary for Leitrim Public Participation Network will take place on Wednesday March 21st 2018 at the Mayflower Centre, Drumshanbo, County Leitrim at 8:00 pm.
It is open to all member groups of Leitrim PPN.
The Plenary meeting (all the members together) is the key decision maker of any county Public Participation Network and directs the operations and sets policy and process for the coming months.
Members of the Public Participation Network represent its members on many boards and committees that influence decision making at county and regional level. There are seven vacancies on boards and the main contact for all relevant member groups of Leitrim PPN will have received a call for nominations.
Nominations are sought for the following vacancies on Leitrim Public Participation Network Panels:
- Secretariat – One position for an Environmental Representative
- Leitrim Development Company Board of Management – Carrick on Shannon Municipal District. Two positions available.
- Leitrim Development Company Board of Management – Ballinamore Municipal District. One position available.
- Joint Policing Committee – One position for Social Inclusion representative
- North West Regional Drug & Alcohol Task Force – two positions for Community & Voluntary Representatives
The deadline for the receipt of completed nomination forms is 4pm on Wednesday 14th March 2018.
In the case of more than one eligible nominee being put forward for any of the vacancies, elections will be held at the County Plenary in the Mayflower Centre, Drumshanbo, 8:00 pm on Wednesday 21st March 2018.
More detailed information on the County Plenary, nominations and the voting process can be found in the news section of the Leitrim PPN website HERE
If you think your group is registered as being part of one of the above and you have not received correspondence regarding the County Plenary and Nominations, please advise Tracy Ferguson, Leitrim PPN Resource worker as soon as possible to review your registration using the contact details below:
Leitrim County Council
Aras an Chontae
Carrick on Shannon
Telephone: 071 96 20005 ext 544 Mobile: 087 183 1253