- This event has passed.
Community Wetlands Forum – Funding Information Event
January 18, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Funding Workshop for Communities
The Community Wetlands Forum is hosting a workshop on Funding for Community Groups.
The workshop is aimed at any community voluntary groups interested in pursuing public and other philanthropic grant funding available. Representatives from various funding, as well as bridge-funding bodies, will be in attendance to give a small presentation about their respective grants or bridge-funding options. There will be ample time for feedback and questions.
Attendance has already been confirmed from the Peatlands Community Engagement Fund (Dept of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht), Community Water Development Fund 2019 (LA Waters & Communities Office), Heritage Council, Social Innovation Fund, Western Development Commission, Community Finance Ireland
Who should attend? Any community voluntary groups, (Tidy Towns groups, local development organisations, environmental groups), Environmental ENGO’s, PPN Coordinators, Heritage officers, or any person operating with or within community groups.
How do I register? Register online with Eventbrite – CLICK HERE.
Why do we have to register? It will help us to prepare for the event and ensure that we cater for everyone who wants to attend.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions? Send an email to email@example.com or call 083 1106210
More about the Community Wetlands Forum
To support the protection, management and wise use of Ireland’s wetlands for sustainable communities, by providing a network for community wetland groups to share knowledge, ideas, research and best practice.
A society where wetlands are valued by local communities and community engagement is valued as a means of protecting and managing wetlands for present and future generations.
- Promoting the wise use of wetlands
- Fostering well-being for individuals and communities
- Adherence to community development principles of Empowerment; Participation; Inclusion; Selfdetermination; and Partnership
- Conservation and care for the environment in all our activities
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The main aim of the CWF is to provide a representative platform for community-led wetland conservation groups based on the principles of community development (empowerment; participation; inclusion; self-determination; and partnership). In support of the main objective, CWF has the following subsidiary objectives:
1. To promote wetlands and peatlands as important places of biodiversity and conservation, as well as community integration, well-being and ownership.
2. To facilitate the sharing of knowledge, ideas, and organisational methods between members.
3. To grow the network by encouraging new community groups who are in the process of developing community wetlands or who wish to undertake such developments to join CWF.
4. To facilitate regular Community Wetlands Forum meetings where all stakeholders in wetland conservation can participate as equal partners.
5. To share the latest research and approaches in conservation best practice, and facilitate access to national and international expertise, similar networks, and funding possibilities.