Funding Programme for Communities in Leitrim
The Community Enhancement Programme was launched at national level by Minister Ring on Thursday 31st May. The programme provides funding to communities across Ireland to enhance facilities in disadvantaged areas. It builds on and replaces the Communities Facilities Scheme and RAPID programme.
What does that mean in practice? Well, it means that if you are looking for tables and chairs or equipment up to €1000, you apply under the smaller fund. If your community is looking for capital funds for a project that is valued over €3000 then you go for the bigger fund.
Have a read of the guidelines and our guide to being funding ready before you dive in.
- GUIDELINES for COMMUNITY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME 2018
- APPLICATION FORM – Community Enhancement Programme 2018
What’s on Offer:
- The Scheme offers small grants of up to a maximum of € 1,000 (E.g Gardening, Office or Catering Equipment)
- The Scheme also allows from €3000 to maximum of € 10,000 for larger scale capital projects (E.g development/renovation of community/youth spaces, public realm improvements, energy efficiency projects).
- Funding will relate to capital projects only
- Only one application is accepted from each Community Group
Who Can Apply?
- Locally based community and voluntary groups
- Not for Profit Organisations
- Eligible facilities will include community centres, youth clubs, sports/recreation facilities etc
Further details and the application form are available on www.leitrimcoco.ie or by post from:
Community Development, Leitrim Co Council, Áras an Chontae, Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim
Phone (071) 9650400 Ext. 540 / 552 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: 30th July, 2018
For more on successful applications in 2017 see below…
RAPID Funding 2017
Successful applicants received a total of € 64,000 in 2017. The successful projects applied under strategic themes of Living and Well Being (C1) and Inclusion (C4) as stated in Leitrim’s Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP).
They were also assessed under the seven RAPID strategic themes of Family Support, Health, Youth, Employment & Training, Community Safety & Anti-Social Behaviour, Physical Environment, and Education.
- Kinlough Community Development Co Ltd
- Manorhamilton Enterprise Forum
- Dromahair Arts & Recreation Group
- Ballinamore Community Council
- Drumshanbo Tidy Towns
- Breffni Youth Cafe
- Leitrim Association for Disabilities
Community Facilities Scheme 2017
This scheme funded projects that enhanced communities and addressed disadvantage at a local level. Successful projects in Leitrim included office equipment, project resources, research facilities, energy efficiency equipment and defibrillators. In 2017, a total of €63,905.12 was distributed to 107 community groups all over Leitrim.
For more on the announcement CLICK HERE.