Have you carried out a project that benefits your local community? Do you want to do something that makes a positive difference to the world? If the answer is yes, and you are aged 10-18 years old, then the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards are for you.
Foróige works with one in ten young people across Ireland, and the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Programme aims to empower young people to truly look at the world around them and make the decision to make it a better place.
When And Where Do The Awards Take Place?
The awards are to be held in the National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown on Saturday, April the 13th. On the day participants will be treated to funfair rides, circus workshops, music performances and hot food – all provided free.
Previous entries have ranged from anti-bullying projects in school, to shoebox appeals for the homeless, to environmental projects to save the bees and so much more.
If your project makes the world a better place, then it can be entered into the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards.
You can find information and videos on previous projects HERE
As well as the overall prize, Gold, Silver and Bronze star awards are presented as well as Best Display, and Ones to Watch awards.
How Do I Take Part?
If you are interested in entering your own or your club’s project you can complete a registration form HERE
- To apply you must be involved in a youth group or club
- You can apply as a group or individual
- All entries should have the support of an adult volunteer or youth worker, as a guide or facilitator.
- All entries must relate to projects where a substantial amount of the work took place after May 2018.
- Entrants must be available to attend the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards on Saturday 13th April 2019 in the National Sports Arena, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
- All applicants must be aged between 10-18 at the time of entry.
If you have any further questions about applying contact email@example.com.
What Is The Deadline For Registration in 2019?
You must register your or your club’s project before March 6th to take part in the Aldi Foróige Youth Citizenship Awards.